The Pioneer Woman

So I'm totally and completely obsessed with The Pioneer Woman - a fabulous blog that I read faithfully and follow on twitter. Of keen obsession is Ree Drummond's real life love story -- because what woman hasn't dreamed of being completely swept away by a handsome, hunky cowboy with incredibly huge, muscley biceps. And to hear that Hollywood has jumped on this band wagon and wants to make a movie (OhMyGod!OhMyGod!) is really about as good as hearing that you won the lottery. (Did I mention OhMyGod?) And what's even better -- rumor has it Reese Witherspoon might be cast as the staring role! Which means I can totally add the upcoming "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" to my DVD'S TO WATCH OVER AND OVER WITHOUT EVER GETTING UP OFF THE COUCH ALL DAY EXCEPT TO PEE list. Right now there's only one movie on that list: "Sweet Home Alabama" (duh!) and if it's not on your list than you can just leave now because you obviously have no idea how awesome dirty, greasy men like Marlboro Man and Jake Perry can be.

Anyway, after an evening of sighing over yet another installment of Cowboy Love, I turned to Big V and asked (ok, swooned), "So, did you dream of being a cowboy when you were a little boy?"

"Nope."

"Really?" I tried to hide my obvious disappointment. "Really? I mean, didn't every boy want to grow up and be a cowboy?"

"Nope."

"Oh. Not even a little bit?" I was grasping at straws here. "Didn't you ever what to hop on a horse and ride the open range?"

"Nope."

"Never? You never pretended you were a cowboy gallopping in open pastures?"

"Well, I remember playing cowboys & indians once as a kid with the boys who lived next door. It was weird; they wanted to play barefoot because they said they had Indian feet."

Comments