Looks to me like a fine day for a nervous breakdown.

You know how sometimes you're just standing in the middle of the kitchen, water on the stove boiling over, baby screaming at the top of his lungs while he attempts to open the fridge for the forty-seventh time to get into that can of shortening (again), pre-tween shouting how she can't possibly throw her dirty clothes into the laundry because her hands still hurt from horseback riding four days ago, the teen entering her second hour of showering with accompanied ghetto music blaring from down the hall, and you're imagining how peaceful the thinking gardens might be at the state mental hospital?

No? Just me?

Never mind.

Comments

Becca said…
Right? That scene in "Girl Interrupted" where all the patients go to get ice cream seem so peaceful when compared to my family's attempt to do the same.
Tina, said…
Hang in there...I'm working towards a total meltdown myself, I will meet you in the gardens. I'll bring the white wine if you bring the red
Anonymous said…
i'll also meet you in the garden. with ice cream. (i'll leave all the chicken bones under my bed. dude that movie was screwy.)
Ellen said…
When my one teen daughter was at the height (or so I thought) of drama I took to putting on Celtic music at a rather loud volume. Everyone in the house knew if I had that on in that way I was in need of some serious peace...

Crazy? Oh just a little..mix that with hormones and you have explosions!

Mothering is a real adventure!
Johi said…
I once checked into the ER and enjoyed my stay there; warm blanket, privacy curtain and a book that I stashed into my purse. Other than the needled, it was like a spa day.
Unknown said…
It is for exactly those types of reasons I like going to work and NEVER tell my husband when a class is cancelled in case I want to go in anyway to have an hour's worth of peace...