Sleeping With One Eye Open...

I can't get anything done because I'm on constant Save The Cat From Death watch, which means I cannot, CANNOT let the toddler out of my sight for half a second. Because no amount of time outs and disappointed looks and We Don't Do That explanations and snapping at and swatting bottoms will get that kid to stop trying to rip the cat's tail off. I am not exaggerating when I say I fully expect that kid to be walking down the hall twirling a tail around while the cat whimpers in the corner with a bloody stump.

And if that's not bad enough he suddenly became the kid of Clawing Your Face Off Seems Like A Reasonable Game To Play. I had to pry chunks of my fleshy cheeks from his punkish paws.

The other day I walked in to my bedroom just as I heard the cat screech and swat at the kid: "Cletus!" and just then, as he turned his head and smiled at me, I realized what he had done. He had bit the cat. BIT HIM. A fluff of cat hair came puffing out of the kid's mouth when he said, "no, no, mama.... nice."

I'm raising a serial killer. What other 2-1/2 year old tries to eat his pets??!

It's like he has moments where crazed energy consumes him and he just has to get that out somehow - and clawing and pulling and biting at flesh and fur seems to be what he does for a release. I'll admit it - I'm concerned. I have never, ever, ever heard of this. Ever. 

Have your kids ever done anything like this?

Comments

Brenna said…
Anna is naturally drawn to the one dog of our three that's ever bitten her. She somersaults onto him, jumps in his face and barks, and generally 'accidentally' gets in his grill too often. But your kid, I'm sorry to laugh at little Dahmer there, but that's pretty funny...now.