A Dollar for your 'Stache

I have school age children. The law states when you enroll your child in school you must happily participate in fundraising. Lots of it.

Over the years we've sold frozen pizzas, wrapping paper, candles, coupons for a local restaurant, frozen pies, peanuts and cashews, t-shirts, cookbooks, and knives. Just to name a few.

It's all just so much work. The papers, remembering who paid, delivering the goods... can't the school just tack on an extra fundraising fee amount to the school fees? It would just be so much easier. And not feel like dreaded work.

And then, just when I think I can't stand the idea of another boring fundraiser, I come across THIS.

A very clever and witty dad in California is raising funds for his young daughter's art and music program at her charter school by WEARING A FAKE MUSTACHE IN PUBLIC EVERY DAY!

Each day promises a different style mustache. He blogs about the whole experience (which will leave you in stitches wondering what would I do if some crazy fool came in my office wearing a costume 'stache?)... and he takes pictures, y'all! I absolutely love this idea. In fact, I think the world would be a happier place if this were the type of fundraising we were asked to participate in.

Here, take a quick peak at Mustache Challenge 2011 to see what it's all about. And donate! I did. Trust me - it's way better than throwing money at a frozen pizza. ... I wonder if he'd send me an autographed photo.... If he does, I'm totally selling it on eBay.

Comments