Woe is You? Whatever.

Welcome to Vent Time, Ladies and Gentlemen. It is time for me to blow off steam. Using my current hormonal imbalance due to recent pregnancy/delivery, I'm going to be quite blunt. Therefore, it is with very little reservation that I say this:

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY, DO NOT SPEND IT.

Don't come to me complaining about how little money you have if every day you are going out to eat not once, but twice. I've been there... I ate noodles. Generic egg noodles. Mixed with generic cream of chicken soup for added flavor. I splurged on a bottle of seasoning salt that had hot sauce mixed in to kick things up a notch. I ate that every single day. We also had no television. None. I was a single mom who was poor, and I had no tv and I ate noodles. I am unable to sympathize for how financially strapped you are when you eat better than I do.

Don't come to me complaining about how little money you have, how you have to get your food from the local food pantry, when this next weekend you're packing up your husband and three kids to a weekend getaway at a waterpark resort. See, I, too, was there, where I had difficulty buying groceries to feed my kids. I didn't go on vacations. I am unable to sympathize for how financially strapped you are when you travel more often than I do.

And please, PLEASE, don't come to me complaining about how little money you have when you don't work more than twelve hours in a week. Especially if I know family members have offered to watch your children for free so you can work more hours. See, I was there once. My mom and my aunt helped me out by watching my daughter for free so that I could work a full time job AND a part time job. It sucked. Really, it did. I had no social life. I barely saw my daughter. But then I realized that it was MY responsibility to care for her, and that meant working my butt off to pay for her expenses. Yes, I worked. I still do. I am unable to sympathize for how financially strapped you are when you have more time off to enjoy yourself than I do.

There. I feel better now.

Comments