You Don't Belong in my Club

You don't belong in my club. I don't want you here. And I'll vow to do whatever I can to keep you out.

I feel so strongly about this that I will relentlessly and strategically pursue whatever avenue possible to ensure that you do not ever get welcomed into my club.

I will talk about this to every person I see - friends and strangers alike: "she cannot be a part of this!"

I will passionately plead my case to anyone who will listen: "SHE DOES NOT BELONG HERE!"

I will lose sleep and write posts and pray with a fervor none have seen before.

I will organize events with the sole purpose to keep you out.

No, you don't belong to my club. I do not want to see you here.

In my lifetime, I don't ever want to see you here.

You belong somewhere else. Away from this.

You belong to the club of Mamas of Miracles - not to the club of Mamas Without.

You belong to the club of Mamas of Children Who Have Overcome - not to the club of Mamas of Children Who Didn't.

You belong to the club of Mamas Who Get More Time on Earth - not to the club of Mamas Waiting for Heavenly Reunions.

You belong there. But not with us.

Now, before you go all feeling sorry or bad or guilty or awkward for me and the Mamas in my club - don't. Simply put, we know loss - and not a single one of us wishes it for another.

We understand things that those who have never experienced a great sorrow do not: and that is a PRIVILEGE. It is a gift and an honor that we wear with pride. Do not feel sorry for us.

Rather, it is what we have been entrusted by God in experiencing, in learning, in knowing, that makes us a force to be reckoned with.

When we say we'll pray for your baby girl, those aren't just token words. We will get down, bare knees on concrete, arms raised, praising Jesus and pleading for a miracle. Not just one time. Not just before bed. But every second of every day until God has ushered your child safely through this valley.

When we say we'll pray we do it so thoroughly no stone is left unturned. We pray for the healing of your child, of course, and friends and family, but also for anything we think you'll need protection against or help navigating: insurance claims, moody staff, car trouble, utility bills, that nosey neighbor, the cutting words of those who mean well (and those who don't).

We pray that the milk in the fridge doesn't spoil and the toilet doesn't clog because we have first hand knowledge that any small thing has the capabilities of pushing you emotionally over the edge, suddenly becoming the biggest hurdle you've ever seen trying to convince you nothing is working and all is lost. All lies. We know all about those lies...

No, you don't belong in our club. No mama ever does. Our membership already too large for the peace of this mama's heart. So we use our strength in numbers to pray you through. Pray you out. Pray your membership DECLINED.

Pray you into another club altogether.

We hear you, Mama. We hear your pain and your fear and we know you don't want to belong to our club, either. You can say that out loud - we won't take offense to that. We know this club sucks.

That's we pray. Why we share your story. Why we encourage others to pray.

That's why we advocate. For you. For your family.

That's why we encourage others to join in your fight.

We are relentless and we do not stop.

Because you don't belong in our club. We don't want you here. And we'll vow to do whatever we can to keep you out.


Kaitlyn is currently being prayed through a
traumatic brain injury sustained 22 days ago.

This post is dedicated to our dear friend, Lisa, who we've been praying for, through and out... And for her incredible daughter Kaitlyn. You've got a lot of work to do, kiddo, but there's a whole host of prayer warriors praying you through!

ATTEND:

Benefit Taco Dinner: Mon., Feb. 1st at Hernandez Restaurant

PARTICIPATE:

Kaitlyn's Crusaders: March 5th [Tennis, Zumba, Cycling]

Bowling for Kaitlyn: April 3rd

DONATE:
Kaitlyn's Healing Account [GoFundMe Page]

PRAY:
Follow #prayforKaitlyn on Facebook


Comments

Unknown said…
I don't belong to your club (can't, I'm a man) but I belong to a club of those who love someone who has suffered a TBI and survived. Because of that membership I am required to pray as well. Please do not let her slip into obscurity.
ArtsyGruetz said…
I do not belong in your club, but I have experienced some of this through relatives and friends who have lost children. It is nothing like what you go through in your club, but it has taught me compassion and empathy, which are good things. What you wrote was so heartfelt and true. All I can say is: I will continue to pray for Kaitlyn and her family and continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said…
Beautifully written. Thank you for sharing your heart!
Paula -
www.redwineandpeonies.com
Unknown said…
I belong to this club. I held my husband's brain in my hands. TBI year 4.