Just another ordinary Friday afternoon.

Mom? When I was a baby, I couldn't drink out of this cup. When I was a baby, I had to drink out of a bottle.

Yep.

When I was a baby, Avery was my sister, but then I got bigger and Avery just died.

Yes. Yes, she did, Buddy.

Mom?

Yeah?

I wish Avery would come back and play with me a second. 

Me, too, Buddy. You guys always had a lot of fun when you played together.

Mom?

Yeah?

I'm saving my money all up so I can buy a swing set and then Avery will come home and play with me. 

Comments

Lisa said…
There are no words. You remain in my prayers.
Getrealmommy said…
Wow. That must have been a very painful conversation. I am so very sorry. Thinking of you.
Unknown said…
One of the hardest parts of losing a child is having younger ones ask, and say, and not understand. I pray that you are strong when that happens, and can be reminded of her goodness, not her absence.