Friday, July 5, 2013

Just another ordinary Friday afternoon.

Mom? When I was a baby, I couldn't drink out of this cup. When I was a baby, I had to drink out of a bottle.

Yep.

When I was a baby, Avery was my sister, but then I got bigger and Avery just died.

Yes. Yes, she did, Buddy.

Mom?

Yeah?

I wish Avery would come back and play with me a second. 

Me, too, Buddy. You guys always had a lot of fun when you played together.

Mom?

Yeah?

I'm saving my money all up so I can buy a swing set and then Avery will come home and play with me. 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

There are no words. You remain in my prayers.

Getrealmommy said...

Wow. That must have been a very painful conversation. I am so very sorry. Thinking of you.

Jackie Cardin said...

One of the hardest parts of losing a child is having younger ones ask, and say, and not understand. I pray that you are strong when that happens, and can be reminded of her goodness, not her absence.